At Woodside Pre School we aim to make children feel safe, secure and valued within a positive and nurturing environment. We believe this builds confidence, self-esteem and self-worth in a non-judgemental space that children can explore.
Consistent routines and boundaries will promote respect for our friends and nurture relationships. Children will have opportunities for risk taking, incorporating individual thoughts and providing next steps for individual development, this builds character, personality and self believe. We will enable children the space to be themselves developing their own unique individuality.
You are your child’s first educator, we will endeavour to welcome, support and include your thoughts, values and respectful of the diverse cultures and beliefs within our community. In return all we ask is for mutual respect and your contribution.
We will promote the here and now giving children time to be engaged, motivated, resilient, active learners; allowing children the space to become critical thinkers with a lifelong love of learning.
We have strong links with campus partners and visit Beaumont Primary to have lunch and use their facilities, this promotes excellent transitions into school and builds confidence for children who are school aged. We believe in strong partnership work and children benefit from the use of wonderful facilities within a new environment.
Our aims are:
- To promote a strong key person system.
- For children and families to feel safe, secure and supported.
- To build confidence, self-esteem and self-worth.
- To promote a non-judgemental environment.
- To allow children to take measured risks.
- To provide a consistent set of boundaries.
- To have interested adults who will work with your children.
- To provide supportive care in a safe, secure environment that is exciting for children to explore.
- To follow all current legislation and work within the law.
- To plan for individual interests and support children’s needs.
- To give space for children to be themselves and develop their own unique individuality.
- To provide clear communication between children, staff and families.
- To provide clear transition plans for both children and parents.
- To provide integrated working between professionals and families.
We look forward to meeting you?
Mrs Elizabeth Roberts
Pre School Manager (Acting)
Ms Jane Acklam OBE