Values and Ethos
We aim to ensure that each child:
- is in a safe and stimulating environment;
- is given generous care and attention, because of our ratio of qualified staff to children, as well as students, apprentices and volunteer parent helpers;
- has the chance to join in with other children and adults to live, play, work and learn together;
- is helped to take forward her/his learning and development by being helped to build on what she/he already knows and can do;
- has a personal key person who makes sure each child makes continuous progress;
- is in a Pre School that sees parents as partners in helping each child to learn and develop; and is in a Pre School in which parents help to shape the service it offers.
Every child deserves the best possible start in life and support to fulfil their potential. A child’s experience in the early years has a major impact on their future life chances. A secure, safe and happy childhood is important in its own right, and it provides the foundation for children to make the most of their abilities and talents as they grow. When parents choose to use early years services they want to know that the provision will keep their children safe whilst nurturing and helping them to thrive. The Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) is the framework that provides that assurance.
Woodside Pre School operates within a multi academy trust, allowing us to flourish from the continued support it has to offer. From excellent leadership to training opportunities for staff encouraging career progression. The trust allows us to be engaged in a larger community offering support for families across the Moor End Academy Campus.